For whatever reason, it's devilishly hard to keep track of when new books are being released, and The Millions does the literary web a great service by providing a road-map of notable new books every few months.
I find the list invaluable both for seeing what's coming and remembering when to look for certain things. One problem: their list is neither terribly glanceable nor arranged in strict chronological order. So, I went ahead and entered their picks into a shareable Google calendar (embedded below).
Acutally, I made two calendars, one with just The Millions' picks and one that uses The Millions' list as a base, but includes other books I am looking foward to. (examples: What It Is Like to Go to War by Karl Marlantes, The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, Ready Player One by Ernest Cline, and The Taste of Salt by Martha Southgate).
And if you like, you can use them too.
Here are a few options for doing so:
On the Web
Here are web pages I've set up so that you can view the calendars directly in your browser:
The Millions' Notable Books Calendar
The Reading Ape's Anticipated Books Calendar
Subscribe to the calendars in Google Calendar
This takes a couple of steps, but it let's you see the calendars right in Google Calendar
1. Open Google Calendar.
2. Expand the "Other Calendars" tab at the bottom of the left sidebar.
3. Select "Add a friend's calendar"
4. In the dialogue box that appears, enter one of the following addresses:
for The Millions' notable book list:
for The Reading Ape's Extended List:
5. Click "Add"
Subscribe in iCal
Lots of Mac users out there, so here goes.
1. Open iCal, then select "Calendar" in the taskbar.
2. Select "subscribe."
3. In the dialogue box that opens, paste one of the following links:
for The Millions's notable book list:
For The Reading Ape's Extended List: https://www.google.com/calendar/ical/lfpqj5j2lh06a5maqum0iavh4k%40
Subscribe in Outlook
1. Open Outlook, click the "Home" tab, and then select "Open Calendar."
2. Under "Open Calendar," select "from Internet."
3. Paste one of the below links into the text field that opens:
For The Millions' notable book list: https://www.google.com/calendar/ical/r61k41f601hfbo9vtgs4uq4ii8%40
For The Reading Ape's Extended List:
If you have trouble with these, I'm happy to try to help, just shoot me an email: readingape AT gmail DOT com.
Below are embedded versions of the calendars for you to sample.